Sunday, November 02, 2008

Rock the Vote

At the moment, I am going on 3 hours of sleep and sitting in the Phoenix airport. At the last minute, I was asked to attend a conference in San Francisco. So I hurried downtown Saturday morning to the Board of Elections building to vote. No line, no fuss, super easy. In a way, it made me sort of sad. I love elections and have been looking forward to this one for a long time (like 8 years). I actually like waiting in line to vote because I love thinking about how seriously people take it. This year I even took off on Tuesday so I could watch the activities all day.

As usual, in the hurried process of voting (and expecting I'd have a few more days), I had to do some last minute research. Below are links I found helpful.

League of Women Voter's General Election Guide(You don't need to be a woman to find this relevant.) Candidate positions, statements, track records, and information on proponents/opposition to legislation.

If you're a City resident and having trouble thinking about the Judge Retention, this is a good site. Missouri Bar Judicial ReviewTake it with a grain of salt, but it;s more info than you had.

And finally, if you live in the County, Prop M is super important. Check out the info here

Go Vote.

No comments: